Sunday, August 24, 2008

Costume Update, 8/25/08

I just finished cleaning up and shutting down for the day. Some days, I really would love a fully computerized sewing machine, but I'm still very happy with my Activa 210. I had a needle break again today, it happens, but this time it took out the plate. Thankfully, I had a spare. Otherwise, good progress has been made. Third try at the underbody is coming along nicely, everything will be cut tomorrow with some luck. The jacket (new top) is very nearly done, but not quite. Some 2 hour project! Of course, I'm also putting on longer sleeves, and putting in a lining, so it's not that much of a surprise. I would also have less time in it, if I had remembered that a certain stitch on my machine causes very severe bunching if I don't remember to set the thread tension to zero. End result, ripping out a significant section of seam stitch, because I didn't like it showing as much as it did. The lining is a lot more forgiving, thankfully, though I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just done that as single cuts. (When it's done, you'll understand what I mean there.)
Also gave myself a bit of heat exhaustion today, so it was slow going over all. It wasn't the temperature so much as the humidity, and me getting too into things to stop and get myself some water. Live and learn, right?

No comments: