Monday, August 18, 2008

Thoughts, 8/18/08

Maybe pictures later tonight. I owe a repost from something I said on the Blizzcon forums.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9023655674&postId=90227550555&sid=1#25

'Twas my pleasure. Wonderful resource, and I wish I'd known about it before. The head is going to be a major crunch, but I honestly believe I can pull it off. I hope. I need somebody who actually knows how to braid.

Classes probably are easiest, since I don't see many of us going in anything other than Tier armor or as NPCs. More opportunity for me to stand out, so hopefully I can figure out some way to get people to pay more attention to my legs and hooves. I'm most proud of them, moreover, being able to move in them somewhat.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised. This is my first costume of this sort; I've done commissioned RenFaire stuff before, but that's a whole different type entirely. The body and head truly have me struggling, and in hindsight, I'm almost wishing I hadn't said anything. Then again, all the publicity I can get helps me get to Blizzcon right now. I'm all the way in Ohio, so it's more than a little bit of a trek.
But goddess.. I honestly didn't expect this kind of reaction from everyone. I really figured some of the more experienced folks would be doing Tauren this year, and that I'd have to stand out by going with the dress and hooves. I've just been so overwhelmed by all the folks who can't wait to see it, and who are wishing me luck. I've never had anything like this before.

It's been a very, very chaotic week for me, and I'm just now realizing what's going on. It's .. really really overwhelming. As realization dawns, I just don't know how to react, still. My whole plan for Blizzcon was basically, build costume as far in advance as possible, get tickets, get hotel, plan driving route. Then I lost two of my three handlers due to family things. Then the whole ticket fiasco happened. I needed to vent, so I came to the official forums and joined in. I was miserable, distraught, depressed - my whole plan was shot, and I just wanted everyone to have fun. And I've just been so excited about the opportunity to bring my character to life, that I guess I spread it to everyone. And it's just such a startling thing.

So, thank you all, so much, for all your well wishes. It's so horribly inadequate on my part, and the hopes of getting Blizzcon tickets are very dim at this point, but I really just don't know what else to say, or how to properly express my gratitude. I'm going to see this Tauren through, Blizzcon or not. I just hope next year goes better; we have even bigger plans, and I really hope I'll get to share the end result with you all.

-Yeta, who is.. well.. just stunned and overwhelmed still.

No comments: